- 1.（General provision）
- 1. To ensure the protection of personal information, we will comply with Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan and other related applicable laws and regulations and endeavor to appropriately handle and protect personal information.
- 2.（Information to be collected and the method of collection）
In relation to the provision of the Services, we will collect personal information of the Registered User including the followings:
- (1) User’s information
- We will collect the user’s name, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, credit card information and other information on payment method, and other information specified by us.
- Terminal information
- We may collect the information of the terminal used by the user (including hardware model, OS and its version, ID information that can identify the terminal and selected language) to provide, maintain and improve the Services or prevent improper use of the Services. We may also collect the information of the IP address automatically generated and stored when the user uses the Services, the date and time of the request from the Registered User, the operation history of the use of the Services and information on the user’s use situation of the Services.
- Communication line information
- We will collect line-type (Wi-Fi or LTE), radio field strength and line speed information.
- Location information
- We may collect location information of the user from his/her GPS location information and Wi-Fi location information while he/she is activating the Services’ app. In such case, the accuracy and frequency of collection of the location information depend on the OS and device used by the user. In addition, we will retain location information collected by us to the extent necessary to provide the Services or related services.
The user can refuse to permit collection of his/her location information by deactivating the collection of location information in the settings of his/her app or device. However, it may cause disadvantages when using the Services, including the need to set the pickup point manually.
- Travelling information
- We will collect information on the user’s point of departure, destination, places he/she goes through to get to his/her destination and his/her travelling time and distance when he/she uses the Services.
- Transaction and payment information
- We will collect information on transactions carried out by the user when he/she uses the Services (including information on the date and time when the taxi dispatch service is provided, amount charged, distance travelled, payment method, amount paid and payment status and other relevant items).
- In the use of the Services, the Company may use technologies called "Cookie" and similar technologies. Cookie is a standard technique in the industry by which web servers identify user’s web browser. Cookie can identify the Registered User’s web browser, but it cannot identify individual users. Note that it is possible to disable the Cookie by changing the settings of the terminal. However, in such cases, there is a possibility that the user cannot use all or part of the Services.
- Information on advertisement
- We will collect advertisement identifiers (AdID or IDFA, etc.) set on the terminal of the user. In addition, if the user enters any data into a device for displaying advertisement installed on the backseat of a taxi vehicle as a part of the Services, we may collect that entered information.
- Other information entered by the user in the entry form specified by us
- When we collect personal information designated in the preceding paragraph, we will properly collect such information without falsifying or using other improper means.
- 3.（Purpose of use）
We will appropriately handle personal information obtained through the use of the Services within the scope of the following purposes:
Provision, maintenance and improvement of the Services;
- For the purpose of processing requests for subscription to and providing the Services;
- For the purpose of identification and the prevention of unauthorized use of the Services(including an activity to prevent an unauthorized use of credit card or other payment methods);
- For the purpose of taking necessary action to prevent an increase of damages when an unauthorized use of credit card is suspected in the Services (including taking measures to suspend the use of Service, etc., sharing information with other service providers);
- For the smooth provision, maintenance and improvement of the Services;
- For the advertisement, publicity and marketing of the Services;
- For the research and development of the Services; and
- For the purpose of providing customer support service and resolving disputes in connection with the Services.
Notification and response to users, etc.
- For the purpose of providing information on and responding to inquiries, etc. about the Services;
- For the purpose of giving any other important notices, etc. relating to the Services.
- Transfer to third parties
- For any other purposes incidental or related to the purposes of use described above.
- We may change the purpose of use set forth in the preceding section to the extent reasonably considered relevant to the purpose set forth in the preceding section, and in the event of such change, we shall notify the User of or publish such change in a manner that is easily understandable, such as by posting it on the Services or on the website operated by us.
- In addition to paragraph 1 of this Article, we may process personal information including location information into anonymously processed information that is unable to identify a specific user (meaning "Anonymously Processed Information" as defined in paragraph 6 of Article 2 of Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan; the same shall apply hereinafter) or statistical information and use it.
- 4.（Transfer to third parties）
1. We will not transfer personal data (meaning "Personal Data" as defined in paragraph 3 of Article 16 of Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan; the same shall apply hereinafter) to any third party (excluding the consignee referred to in Article 5 and certain parties referred to in Article 6; the same shall apply hereinafter) without the consent of the user; provided, however, that if it falls under any of the following, personal information may be transferred without the consent of the user to the extent that it does not violate the applicable laws and regulations:
- It is in accordance with laws and regulations;
- It is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the User;
- It is necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and it is difficult to obtain the consent of the User;
- It is necessary to cooperate with a national or local government, or a person who is delegated by government in executing laws or regulations and obtaining the consent of the User is likely to impede the execution of such matters;
- The succession of business, including personal information of the User, due to merger, company split, transfer of business, or for any other reason.
Where personal data is transferred to a third party based on the consent of the user, we shall prepare and retain records relating to the following matters:
- The prior consent of the User has been obtained;
- Name or information of the third party sufficient to identify the said third party;
- Information sufficient to identify the person, such as the name of the person identified by the personal data;
- Items of such personal data.
- 5.（Delegation of the handling of personal information）
- We may delegate the handling of all or part of personal data obtained from Users to a third party within the scope necessary for the achievement of the purpose of use. In this case, we shall execute a confidentiality agreement with the consignee in accordance with this Policy and conduct necessary and appropriate supervision to ensure that the consignee appropriately manages the information securely.
- We may share personal data information collected from the user with certain parties to the extent necessary for the provision of the affiliated services, etc. In such case, we shall notify the user in advance of the items of information to be shared, the scope of the third party sharing the information, the purpose of use of such third party and the name of the person who is responsible for the management of such personal data.
- 7.（Information collection module）
- Google Analytics、Firebase
- Google Inc.
- AppsFlyer Ltd.
- KARTE for App, KARTE Datahub
- PLAID, Inc.
- 8.（Security management system）
- In order to prevent the leakage, loss or damage of personal data and to protect personal data, we have implemented necessary and appropriate measures for the security management of personal data, such as restricting access to personal information files and anonymously processed information, limiting the authorized users to the minimum extent necessary and introducing security software to prevent unauthorized access from outside.
- We will appoint the person responsible for the management of personal information, etc. and appropriately manage personal information and make continuous improvements.
- 9.（Users’ rights regarding disclosure and correction, etc. of retained personal data）
- For the disclosure, correction, deletion or suspension of use ("Disclosure, Etc.") of retained personal data (meaning "Retained Personal Data" as defined in paragraph 4 of Article 16 of the Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan; the same shall apply hereinafter) on the Services or other similar actions, please refer to the "Guidance on Application for Disclosure, Etc. of Personal Information" available at 【https://www.sride.jp/en/drform/drform.pdf】; provided, however, that if we do not assume these obligations under Act on the Protection of Personal Information of Japan or other applicable laws or regulations, we may not follow these procedures.
- 10.（Changes to this Policy）
- We will review the operation of the handling of personal information from time to time in order to make continuous improvements, and this Policy may be revised from time to time as necessary.
- The revised Policy shall be posted on the Service or on the website or in other ways which is easy to understand. Provided, however, if any revision that requires the consent of the User in accordance with applicable laws or regulations, we shall obtain the consent of the User in a manner we set forth.
- For comments, questions, complaints and other inquiries regarding our handling of personal information, please contact us via the following inquiry form:
Established on March 25, 2019
Revised on May 30, 2019
(The suppliers of the information collection modules were added.)
Revised on March 13, 2020
(Clarification of purpose of use)
Revised on January 5, 2021
(Changes due to change of trade name)
Revised on June 17, 2021
(The suppliers of the information collection modules were added.)
Revised on April 1, 2022